IRD Service Availability Over Holiday Break
08 Dec 2020
Key information about opening and closing dates over the holiday period.
- Thursday 24 December 2020: Closedown at 2pm for all services including front of house and contact centres
- Tuesday 5 January 2021: Normal hours resume
- The IRD website and myIR will be available for customers throughout the closedown
- E-File system and helpdesk will be unavailable from Friday 25 December, available again on Sunday 3 January 2021.
- IRD number applications that are submitted after 2pm on 24th December will not be received until 5 January 2021. As per the IRD standard 10 working day turn around these may not be processed until 19 January 2021.
- Urgent IRD Number Applications received between 2pm on 24 December and 8am 5 January 2020 will be processed by Wednesday 6 January 2021.
Working for families Tax Credits (WFFTC) payments are unaffected by Christmas and New Year holidays. Normal payments will be made on Tuesday 22 December and Tuesday 29 December.